This new & exciting event will prove to be suitable for all levels of triathletes. The race begins with a 500 yard swim in Heaton Lake. After the swim, enjoy a 12 mile bike ride on quiet, scenic, country roads with gently rolling hills. This will be followed by a 5K road run.
Ideal Beach offers a family friendly environment with a beach area, cork screw water slides, sand volleyball courts, playground, miniature golf, and a concession stand. So, bring the family and enjoy the day!
Please remember that a cycling helmet with a chin strap is required for all participants.
- Ages 16 and up
- Swim (500 yrds), Bike (12 miles), and Run (5k)
- Medals awarded to top finishers
- 10 week training provided (will cover every aspect of the race) - There will be an additional cost for this training, as well, neon t-shirt will be given to all who participate in the training.
- Registration will begin March 1, 2013
- Many volunteers will be needed for a variety of jobs deal directly and indirectly with the event
- Professional Timing Co.
Saturday, August 17, 2013
IDEAL BEACH WATER PARK
55256 Ideal Beach Road, Elkhart, IN 46514
For information, contact YMCA Fitness Director:
Phone: (574) 389-7878